- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference
- Successful completion of at least two years of an ACGME-approved pediatric residency training program before beginning with our program.
- If in the United States on a visa, you must be eligible to remain for an additional three years in order to complete our training program.
- The Pediatrics program at Boston University will consider accepting someone who will complete only two years of Pediatric residency if they are planning to stay on in our Pediatric Neurology residency training program.
How to Apply
We currently have one position available for our Child Neurology program for 2014, and one categorical position and one advanced position available for 2015.
This year, the Child Neurology match will be completed through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
Applicants using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and applying for Child Neurology Residency should complete their MyERAS application, but DO NOT need to mail a hard copy to AUPN.
Applicants who are not using ERAS 2012 (i.e., not applying for a pediatric residency)
should access and download the MyERAS application worksheet (https://www.aamc.org/download/139512/data/worksheet.pdf).
- July 1, 2012: Applications begin to be accepted through the AUPN
- September 1, 2012: NRMP will open its registration site
- March 16, 2013: Match results released
We will offer an interview date subsequent to receiving a full application packet.
If you have an interest in our program and would like to plan a visit, please contact Kara Galer at 617.414.4536 or Kara.Galer@bmc.org.
Thank you for your interest in our program and we look forward to reviewing your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What openings do you have for 2013, 2014, and 2015?
A: We have no openings for 2013 and one opening for 2014. We have one categorical position and one advanced position available for 2015.
Q: Should I apply for the Pediatrics program and Pediatric Neurology separately?
A: Yes. You should apply for the Pediatrics program through ERAS and the Pediatric Neurology program through the process listed above through the AUPN.
Q: Do you accept International Medical Graduates?
A: Yes. However, you also must have:
- An ECFMG certificate
- Have passed the USMLE 1 and 2
- Have completed 2 years in an ACGME accredited Pediatrics training program before entering our program.
Q: What visas do you accept for International Medical Graduates?
Q: What are the median USMLE scores accepted by your program?
A: You must pass step 1 and step 2 before entering our program.
Q: Should we supply any additional information along with the ERAS application?
A: You should supply 3 letters of reccomendation and a personal statement.
Q: What are the dates/times of the interviews?
A: The interviews are scheduled for Fridays in the fall and early winter. They are full day interviews beginning at 8 am and ending at 5 pm.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kara Galer at 617.414.4536 or email Kara.Galer@bmc.org.