The mission of the Infectious Disease Division of the Department of Pediatrics is to provide education and expertise to prevent infectious diseases, optimize outcomes for children with acute or chronic infections and provide state-of-the-art therapies for HIV and other infectious diseases.
The Division provides consultation for a spectrum of viral, parasitic and bacterial infections, vaccine usage and immune disorders. We also provide state-of-the-art management of at-risk children and families with HIV infection.
A Comprehensive Range of Services
Our team comprises pediatric specialists board-certified in infectious diseases and pediatrics who have extensive experience treating a broad range of acquired and congenital conditions including:
• Chronic infections
• Recurrent infections
• Diagnostic puzzles
• Unusual bacterial, fungal or viral infections
• Lyme disease
• Chronic, recurrent or unexplained fevers
• Pediatric HIV
• Recurrent skin and soft tissue infections
• Hepatitis B and C diagnosis and treatment
• Congenital Infections such as Herpes Simplex, Toxoplasmosis,