How to Contact the Office of Patient Advocacy
If you have been unable to resolve your problem within the department in which it occurred, you may contact the Office of Patient Advocacy by:
- Our phone number is 617.414.4970. A Patient Advocate is available on site Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. After hours or on holidays an advocate is available by page.
- Write to the OPA at:
Office of Patient Advocacy
Boston Medical Center
One Boston Medical Place
Yawkey Mezzanine, Room MN-06
Boston, MA 02118-2393
Why It Is Important to Call Us
Unfortunately, many patients, families and visitors who are not satisfied with the care they receive do not make their concerns known. However, if you call a Patient Advocate, two things will happen: you will give us the opportunity to try to resolve your particular problem, and you will help us learn how to deliver better services. We value your opinion.
When to Call Us
The OPA is here to help you with:
- Concerns about our services
- Concerns about our care
- Concerns about our employees
- Compliments to our staff
- Requests for information
- Other concerns or comments
When Not to Call Us
The OPA will try to assist you as best we can, however, a Patient Advocate is NOT the best individual to help you with:
- Locating lost belongings: If you are/were an inpatient, please call the unit that is/ was responsible for your care. If you are/were an outpatient, please speak with the practice manager of the outpatient unit.
- Questions about billing or health insurance: Please call the Billing Office at 617.638.6157.
- Finding a primary care physician: Please call BMC Connect at 800.841.4325.
- Requests for medical records: Please call Medical Records at 617.414.4201.
- Maintenance: Please report the problem to your nurse.
These and other numbers are listed under Contact Us.