Graduate Medical Education (GME)
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Boston Medical Center!
Boston Medical Center is proud to offer housestaff outside of Boston Medical Center the opportunity to rotate through our hospital, in one of our superb training programs. Below is a link to download the electronic application. This application must be submitted 90-days prior to your expected start date.
Medical Student Electives - All students must contact the Boston University School of Medicine Registrar for information regarding student electives.
Interns, Residents, and Fellows are not allowed to come as Observers, regardless of what country you are currently practicing in.
Rotator Application Form (.doc)
This form must be completed electronically, DO NOT print, write in answers and scan.
Rotator Immunization Forms (PDF)
IS Usage Agreement (PDF)
Rotator Policy (PDF)
Requirements for All Rotators
All rotators are required by the Massachusetts Medical Board to have a valid Mass Medical License. If you do not have a Mass License, you must apply for one, the application can be found here, on our website.
Download the appropriate application and direct all forms to be mail directly to the program you are rotating through at BMC. Please note, that license applications can take up to 8 weeks for Board approval, once submitted and will cost you $100.00
Boston Medical Center requires all rotators to submit:
- A completed "Visiting Resident Application"
- Reference Letter from your Program Director
- Valid MA Medical License
- Limiteds require only a copy of the license certificate
- Fulls require copies of the wallet card, most recent application, Federal DEA Certificate and Mass Controlled Substance Registration
- Malpractice Facesheet [Minimum of $1million/$3million]
- Immunization Forms (PDF)
- As of November 2012 BMC requires all on-site workers to show proof of influenza vaccinations, please make sure to include this information with your immunization paperwork
- Current CV
- Signed BMC IS Usage Agreement
- Completed Program Agreement between your home Program and BMC's Program
- If applicable: ECFMG Certificate, US Work Authorization
The Program Coordinator from the program you wish to rotate with will contact you and let you know if there is anything missing from your file. If you have any questions or concerns about your application, please contact the Program directly.
A list of Program Contacts is provided on the final page of the application.