For Medical Professionals
Refer a Patient
New Event: October 31 to November 2, 2013 the New England Boston International Live Endoscopy Course (NEBILEC)
Learn more: Boston Endoscopy Course Brochure (PDF) and Boston Endoscopy Audience Information (.PPT)
March - Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Our goal is to provide ACG members and consumers with ideas as well as resources to bring new energy and excitement to this important observance. This will also serve as an expert resource for the media on clinical gastroenterology.
We are pleased to introduce several new sites that promote some terrific existing ACG educational tools:
- ACG has launched a new Colorectal Cancer page on the ACG website—which has a wealth of resources for ACG members and their patients. (www.acg.gi.org/coloncancer) has enjoyed a complete makeover thanks to the help of ACG’s hardworking IT team.
- A new Podcast Series “Audio Q&A on Colorectal Cancer” will be announced in our next bi-weekly patient newsletter, Digestive Health Smart Brief. Listen to the first three experts on the ACG website (www.acg.gi.org/patients/crcpodcast.asp). Kicking off the podcasts are Drs. Doug Rex, Dave Johnson, and Steve McIntosh, an African American colleague from Snellville, GA. I’ve had the privilege to work with Steve over the years on our High School outreach event with the Minority Affairs Committee. I believe you will agree he is passionately committed to colorectal cancer prevention. Coming soon… President Phil Katz, PR Chair Roy Wong, Patient Care Chair Manny Ho, Scott Tenner, Chair of National Affairs, Trustee Carole Burke, and last, but by no means least, our revered Past President Jack Di Palma.
- The ACG Governors and ACG PR Committee are involved in a national Radio Media Tour which is going strong thanks to radio producer Maury Tobin.
- Letters to the editors from the Governors are starting to appear in local papers – see Dr. Craig Sande’s from the Reno Gazette (http://www.rgj.com/article/20100303/OPED04/3030417/Craig-Sande--Preventive-care-saves-money--lives)
- We're promoting ACG’s colonoscopy education video via ACG website and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfqerJ6tlDk)
- A suite of tools are online for ACG members to support their community education efforts. ACG members can access slides, a poster, brochures, a fact sheet, the 2009 ACG screening guideline, and much more.