Efficacy and Safety of Selinexor
Close research trial
- Male or female participants aged ≥ 18 years.
- Confirmed laboratory diagnosis of SARS-CoV2 by standard FDA-approved RT-PCR assay or equivalent FDA-approved testing (local labs)
- Currently hospitalized and consented within the first 48 hours of hospitalization
- Informed consent provided as above (patients must be dosed with study drug within 12 hours of consent)
- Has symptoms of severe COVID-19 as demonstrated by:
- At least one of the following: fever, cough, sore throat, malaise, headache, muscle pain, shortness of breath at rest or with exertion, confusion, or symptoms of severe lower respiratory symptoms including dyspnea at rest or respiratory distress
- Clinical signs indicative of lower respiratory infection with COVID-19, with at least one of the following: respiratory rate ≥30 breaths/min, heart rate ≥125/min, SaO2 2L oxygen by NC in order maintain SaO2 ≥93%, PaO2/FiO2
The purpose of this research study is to see if selinexor speeds up your recovery, decreases your viral load, shortens your hospitalization, and reduces morbidity and mortality compared to standard of care treatment.