You are here
Sweet Potato “Fries”
| BMC's Teaching Kitchen Author:
||Recipe Type: Side Dish | Cuisine: American
|| 4 Serves:
|45 | Total Time: Prep Time: 15 | Cook Time: 30
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potato (2 medium potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise then cut into ½ inch thick fries.
- Place sweet potato fries in a large mixing bowl. Add oil and spices. Toss until they are thoroughly coated with spices
- Spread fries in a single layeron prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven. Bake for 30 -35 minutes turning to ensure even cooking.
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can use ¼ tsp cinnamon, plus 1/8 tspnutmeg, plus 1/8 tsp cloves
|Serving Size: 4