Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
The Clinical Training Center at Boston Medical Center
The American heart Association’s PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- Course includes realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike simulations
- Course is comprehensive and includes our systematic approach to assess and treat pediatric patients in emergency situations
- Course uses a hands-on class format to reinforce skills proficiency
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
Target Audience: MDs, PAs, RNs, NPs, Paramedics, Respiratory Therapists, etc...
PALS Class Registration
Due to the current Covid restrictions PALS classes are taught in a blended format- You will be assigned an online class to complete, then you will attend a 2 hour hands on skills session where you will demonstrate what you have learned. (The hands on sessions are conducted with appropriate PPE)
Step 1- Register for the online class:
- This program is for students who have not previously completed their PALS Certification, or who have let their certification expire.
- The initial certification program is approximately 14 hours (Over 2 days)
- This program is for students who have completed their PALS certification and need to renew their skills and certification. (Student must have current PALS certification
Step 2- Sign up for a hands on skills session:
Basic Life Support
High Quality BLS is a critical part of the resuscitation process. You will be required to demonstrate a mastery of Basic Life Support during the PALS Skills session.
Optional - If you complete the HeartCode BLS online portion prior to the PALS skills session we will issue both a BLS and PALS completion card.
Location: The skills sessions are held in the BMC’s BCD Building (Directly across from the Moakley building entrance