Operations and Clinical Update: September 15, 2021
BMC Total Inpatients
BMC Inpatients Requiring ICU Care
BMC Inpatients Under Investigation
Cumulative Staff Who Have Tested Positive
1,306 (as of 9/13)
|731,564 (as of 9/14)|
NEW: Patient and Community Vaccination Update
As of September 14, BMC has vaccinated 102,633 patients, including 86,333 second doses. Approximately 71 percent of BMC primary care patients overall have been vaccinated, including 47 percent of 12-15 year old primary care patients.
In the past 30 days, 11 percent of unvaccinated patients who came to campus have been vaccinated. Thank you to all the teams across BMC who are continuing to work hard to receive those who have yet to be vaccinated! We still have a lot of opportunity to provide vaccines for patients who come into appointments, so please encourage unvaccinated patients who come to BMC to get vaccinated while on campus.
BMC is continuing to partner with community organizations to host a series of pop-up vaccination events, to make it easier for individuals 12 and older to get vaccinated in their communities. Please share with your networks. Upcoming events include:
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Roxbury: Friday, September 17, 1-5 p.m.
- BCLA McCormack Lower, Dorchester: Friday, September 17, 1-6 p.m.
- Fenway High, Boston: Monday, September 20, 12-6 p.m.
- McKinley School, Boston: Wednesday, September 22, 12-5 p.m.
REMINDER: All BMC Health System Employees and LIPs Must Be Vaccinated Against COVID-19 and Record Compliance in the Employee Health Portal by October 15, 2021
The deadline for COVID-19 vaccination compliance for BMC employees and licensed independent practitioners (LIPs) – which means having obtained at least one vaccine dose and entering your vaccination status in the Employee Health Portal is October 15, 2021.
The most up-to-date information on the requirement, including hours for the employee vaccination clinic in Dowling and on-demand vaccination, is available on the Hub.
Employee Vaccination - Dowling Clinic Hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, September 25: 7:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturday, October 2: 7:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
NEW: Assistance with Completing Your Vaccine Compliance
If you need help completing your compliance for your vaccine requirement, representatives from HR will be in the Menino and Shapiro lobbies to provide information and support during the following times:
- Thursday, September 16: 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 12 – 2 p.m., Shapiro lobby
- Monday, September 20: 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 2 – 4 p.m., Menino lobby
- Tuesday, September 21: 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 2 – 4 p.m., Menino lobby
- Wednesday, September 22: 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 12 – 2 p.m., Shapiro lobby
- Thursday, September 23: 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 12 – 2 p.m., Shapiro lobby
- Saturday, September 25: 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 2 – 4 p.m., Menino lobby
Entering your vaccination status into the Employee Health Portal takes less than five minutes so please stop by the HR booth to ensure you are compliant by October 15.
REMINDER: PPE Guidelines, Symptom Screener, Testing
As positivity rates increase, we need everyone to continue to follow all PPE guidelines, complete your symptom screener, and get tested if needed.
- Surgical mask and eye protection must be worn with all non-COVID patient contact.
- Please wear an N95, eye protection, gloves and a gown while caring for all COVID+ patients and those that are considered a PUI (patient under investigation).
- Surgical masks must be worn all campus buildings, regardless of vaccination status.
Employees and LIPs scheduled for shifts on BMC’s main campus or in Quincy are required to use the COVID-19 symptom screening tool in Enterprise Health as part of the daily screening process prior to coming to work each shift.
COVID-19 Employee Testing - All employee testing is by appointment only
- Symptomatic testing for employees with symptoms or exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 is available seven days a week. Email COVID19WWC@bmc.org to schedule an appointment.
- Asymptomatic testing for indirect exposures and post-travel is available seven days a week. Email COVID19WWC@bmc.org to schedule an appointment.
- Asymptomatic testing for pre-gathering, pre-travel, and peace of mind: Employees can self-schedule an appointment through MyChart. Appointments are available Monday through Friday during the day at the Crosstown ILI Clinic, 801 Mass Ave. ground floor.
NEW: Changes to Retesting Patients Who Have Recovered From COVID-19
Due to rising COVID positivity and the concern for increased risk of re-infection due to the dominance of the highly transmissible Delta variant, BMC will be going back to our previous approach regarding pre-procedure testing: