Please bookmark this page to stay updated on our campus redesign.
In 2014, Boston Medical Center began the clinical campus redesign project. The final outcome of this project is to combine the clinical programs currently housed on both the Menino and East Newton Campus, to one convenient side of campus. Once complete, our hospital more sustainable and efficient, ultimately providing a better patient experience, for you and your family. We anticipate construction to be completed in late 2018.
Several clinics and patient services have moved as a result of the project and we have opened some fabulous new spaces such as:
- A new Women and Infants Center – Located in our Yawkey Building, 4th floor. Rooms feature family accommodations.
- New Radiology Suite adjacent to the Emergency Department.
- The Yawkey cafeteria offering five different cuisines and a teaching kitchen. Free classes are held daily in The Teaching Kitchen
- A new gift shop opened in the Menino lobby.
- A rooftop farm opened summer 2017, providing our patients and employees fresh vegetables. Foods are featured in the cafeterias, Preventive Food Pantry and The Teaching Kitchen.
- Ultrasound and Genetic testing moved from Yawkey Center’s fifth floor to Menino fifth floor, early November 2017.
- Winter 2017, Family Medicine clinic located in Yawkey Canter moved to the Melina Cass building on Massachusetts Ave.
What to expect in 2018
- Winter 2018, the walk-in ED entrance moved from Menino Pavilion on Harrison Avenue to a new and permanent Shapiro Drive location, off of Albany Street.
- Expanded Emergency and Pediatric Departments will open 2018.
- The new transport bridge over Albany Street will begin to be used to transport trauma patients from the helipad to the Emergency Department.
Clinical Department Moves
Clinical areas have been relocated in Yawkey and Menino to make way for construction. Patients were notified in advance of the moves. Please be aware of the following new locations.
- Emergency Department Walk-In Entrance Relocated to Harrison Avenue/Menino Atrium in early 2014 The Preventive Food Pantry is located in beautiful new space in the Yawkey Center basement.
- The Teaching Kitchen has been relocated into the Yawkey cafeteria, Mezzanine level.
- The Menino chapel is now located temporarily in the Dowling building, ground floor.
- Elders Living at Home Program is now located in Doctors Office Building, 7th floor.
- Geriatrics Clinic is now located on Shapiro, 9th floor.
If you have any questions about clinic relocations, please call 617.638.4144 or email [email protected].
2013 BUMC IMP Amendment/Draft Project Impact Report: Moakley Building Addition, New Inpatient Building Phase 1, New Patient Transport Bridge (September 6, 2013)
2013 BUMC IMP Amendment Notification Form/Project Notification Form (June 6, 2013)
- IMP - Cover and Table of Contents
- IMP-Amendment, Section 1
- IMP-Amendment, Section 2
- IMP-Amendment, Section 3
- IMP-Amendment, Section 4
- IMP-Amendment, Section 5
- IMPNF, Appendix A
- IMPNF, Appendix B
- IMPNF, Appendix C
- IMPNF, Appendix D
- IMPNF, Appendix E
- IMPNF, Appendix F
Institutional Master Plan (IMP) Renewal (March 22, 2010)
Draft Project Impact Report (DPIR): Energy Facility (March 22, 2010)
- DPIR, Parts 1, 2 and 3
- DPIR, Part 4
- DPIR, Part 5
- Institutional Master Plan Renewal Project Notification Form
- Project Notification Form: Energy Facility
For more information, contact Maria Ober at 617.638.8496.