Daily Operations and Clinical Update: September 9, 2020
BMC Total Inpatients
BMC Inpatients Requiring ICU Care
BMC Inpatients Under Investigation (pending + negatives treated as positives)
Cumulative COVID+ Patient Discharges
Cumulative Staff Who Have Tested Positive
360 (7 new since 9/2)
121,214 (as of 9/8)
REMINDER: Face Masks Required on the BMC Campus
In order to help reduce preventable employee exposures to COVID-19 and keep everyone safe, wearing a surgical mask is required for staff at all times in all areas on campus, inside or outside, unless you are alone in your office or eating. If you are eating, and have your mask off, you MUST create social distance of a minimum of six feet. Additional information about new spaces on campus that people can use to eat, and be safely distant, is included below.
It is very important that we all remain vigilant with mask usage, hand hygiene, and physical distancing. We recognize that it may feel like a burden to comply with these activities, but compliance with this is critical to keep yourself, your colleagues, your patients, and your families safe. We ask that you remind colleagues of this policy if you see them on campus not complying with these preventive measures.
All employees on campus must also follow our BMC PPE/social distancing policy and protocols, which have been created to protect personal health and ensure collective safety. Please:
- Adhere to PPE guidelines while seeing patients. As a reminder, eye protection is required when seeing any patient in any setting.
- Keep at least 6 feet of distance while eating.
- Serve only individually-wrapped food at any department gatherings.
REMINDER: Seating Areas Added Throughout Campus
New eating and gathering areas with tables and chairs have been set up inside clinical buildings to provide additional space for people to eat outside their work/breakrooms. Please continue to use workrooms only for clinical work.
The following rooms are available for staff seating now:
- Moakley green outdoor tables
- Yawkey basement conference rooms A/B for staff eating between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Menino 4158 (4E) family waiting room
- Menino 4247 (4W) family waiting room
- Menino 3141 (3 step down) family waiting room
- Menino 3701 SICU waiting room
The following rooms will become available for staff seating at a later date:
- Yawkey 1 food court – around September 15
- Menino 1 lobby – around September 15
- Menino 5 bridge – around September 21
- Menino 4327 (4E) multi-purpose room to be used 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – TBD
- Menino 3407 (3W) multi-purpose room to be used 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – TBD
NEW: Research Update
- Between August 10 and September 7, the Pfizer COVID Vaccine Trial team has enrolled 190 participants with the goal of surpassing 200 by September 11, the projected close date to enrollment. This is a great accomplishment – thank you to everyone involved!
- We have been selected as a site for a randomized controlled trial for convalescent plasma led by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and will enroll patients in that trial once active.
NEW: Massachusetts Updates to List of Low-Risk States
As of September 5, Massachusetts has revised their list of low-risk states. Travelers coming from these states, as well as MA residents who have traveled to these states, are exempt from filling out the MA Travel Form and do not need to quarantine.
The current list of low-risk states is:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
REMINDER: Daily Symptom Screener Required for All Employees on BMC’s Main Campus
Employees and licensed independent practitioners scheduled for shifts on BMC’s main campus or in Quincy are required to use the COVID-19 symptom screening tool in Enterprise Health as part of the daily screening process prior to coming to work each shift.
To use the screening tool, you must log in to Enterprise Health, the employee health portal, by entering your BMC e-mail and network password. After logging in, you will need to indicate whether or not you’re experiencing any of the seven symptoms listed.
After your first log-in, you will receive an email and/or text each day to complete before you come to work. The daily symptom questionnaire takes about 10 seconds to complete.
If you are currently not receiving daily emails titled Do-not-reply Workingwellclinic or text messages, follow the directions above. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
REMINDER: Upcoming Fit Testing Sessions
Upcoming fit testing sessions are scheduled for:
- Thursday, September 17: 6-9 a.m., Menino 2A
- Tuesday, September 22: 2-5 p.m., Menino 2B
- Wednesday, September 30: 6-9 a.m., Menino 2A