The Integrative Nursing Council:
- Promotes integrative health self- assessment for BMC nurses and provides opportunities to support nursing self -care.
- Compose or review integrative nursing policies and guidelines to prepare for submission to Nurse Practice Councils.
- Identifies the need for and facilitates offerings of educational initiatives on integrative nursing topics to improve both nursing and patient satisfaction in addition to the quality of patient care (reiki, aromatherapy, and guided imagery).
- Acts as a resource to nurses who aim to implement integrative nursing practices in their clinical areas.
- Shares integrative nursing projects, policies, and initiatives with BMC nurses throughout the council representatives.
- Establishes a task force for planning the annual BMC integrative nursing conference; the task force should include one of the committee co-chairs, one clinical educator, one manager or one associate chief nurse, at least two staff nurses, one or more advanced practice nurse, and the liaison from the integrative medicine service.