Education & Training ─ Fellowships
How to Apply for a Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine
We welcome applications from BE/BC internal medicine and family medicine physicians. Applicants with J1 visa status are also encouraged to apply. At this time, we are unfortunately not able to sponsor H1-B visas.
The Geriatric Medicine fellowship program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP). Please submit your application materials via the online ERAS applicant portal by September 15, 2015.
Login to ERAS for fellowship applicants: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/
Please follow this link to apply for the Geriatric Oncology Program, which will be in the NRMP match for the first time this year! Only 1 Geriatric Oncology fellowship postion is available annually.
If you do not already have an ERAS login name and password, you can register for one using this "Sign in to MyERAS" link on this page: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/
Please submit the following application materials via the ERAS Portal by September 30th:
- The ERAS application form
- A personal statement
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, including one letter from your residency Program Director
The application timeline for the academic year 2016-2017 is as follows:
- June 9th– MyERAS website opens to fellowship applicants to register and start their applications. (https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/) (https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/343902/timeline.html)
- July 15th – September 30th: Applications will be accepted via ERAS
- September 30th – Application deadline
- August 1st – October 9th: Applicant interviews take place at BMC
- November 1st: – Rank Order list is due from applicants and programs
- December 2nd – Match date
- Each year we train up to 6 Geriatric Medicine fellows and 1 Geriatric Oncology fellow (includes fellows in their second year of training in our program).
- 2 positions will be filled through the Match for Geriatric Medicine fellowships starting on July 1, 2016. J1 visa holders as well as US citizens are eligible.
Boston Medical Center House Staff Benefits page: https://www.bmc.org/gme/housestaff/benefits.htm
For more information, please contact:
Amy Sorensen- Alawad, MPSH, MPA
Education Program Manager, Section of Geriatrics