Daily COVID-19 Update: March 19, 2020
Please read today’s updates.
Important Links and Contact Numbers
Command Center: 617-414-6860 (operating 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily)
Call for any needs related to COVID-19. Please note that this is only for employees.
Working Well Clinic: [email protected]
Staff and providers should use this email address to report symptoms of and possible exposure to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Information on the Hub: https://internal.bmc.org/news-events/news/where-find-information-about-covid-19-coronavirus-disease
This is our intranet and requires network access. Everything posted here related to COVID-19 is also posted on the external site listed below, including clinical guidelines, screening, testing, and PPE usage.
COVID-19 Information on BMC.org: https://www.bmc.org/covid-19-information-employees
This is hosted on the external website and is accessible when not on the network.
NEW: Employee Testing Center
- A new employee testing center has been created on the ground floor of 85 E. Concord St. An appointment is required for testing.
- All employees and providers must follow the COVID-19 Employee Testing Determination and Procedure guidelines to determine if they should be tested for COVID-19. This is essential for efficiency, tracking, appropriate testing, and resource conservation.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, email the Working Well Clinic at [email protected] or call 617-638-8400, and press 1 for the COVID-19 phone line.
UPDATED: Donning and Doffing Videos
- Donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE) correctly is essential to keep our staff and patients safe.
- New videos showing how to don and doff PPE have been posted on the Emergency Management COVID-19 Hub site and are available when off-campus here: https://www.bmc.org/covid-19-information-employees/screening-and-testing.
NEW: Support and Resources from the Finance Department
- The Health System will be working with the state on additional resources and to mitigate the financial impact to departments.
- Quantifying the financial impact of COVID-19 will help BMC request support from state and federal agencies.
- We have established cost centers that should be used for emergency or atypical supply/equipment orders, overtime or contract workers related to COVID-19, cancelled travel related to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Departments should do their best to track lost volume and cancellations.
- Please speak to your manager if you have any questions related to finances.
NEW: Mindfulness and Reminder of Employee Support Resources
- The Mindfulness Program is offering virtual meditations and gentle mindful movement sessions throughout March and April. Registration is not required. You can find a complete schedule of sessions here.
- The program also maintains a library of video meditations, which can be found on the Program for Integrative Medicine site on bmc.org.
- A complete list of wellness resources is available on the Hub and on the BMC.org COVID Information for Employees site and includes, our EAP, Circles, Care.com, Doctor on Demand, and more.