Boston Medical Needs Your Support Now
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation around the world and in Massachusetts continues to evolve, Boston Medical Center’s unique position caring for our city’s most vulnerable residents has never been more crucial. The health and safety of our patients and frontline staff remains highest priority during this unprecedented crisis, but we need your help. Whether you can support us through a donation, supplies or by volunteering, we cannot thank you enough for your support and commitment during this especially challenging time.
How You Can Help
- Make a donation: Your financial support will have an immediate and substantial impact, allowing BMC to address a broad range of patient and staff needs.
- Donate supplies: To ensure we can continue to deliver exceptional care, without exception, we have emergent equipment and supply needs.
Make a Donation to the Coronavirus Relief Fund
Your gift will have an immediate and substantial impact on the hospital's relief efforts so Boston Medical Center can address a broad range of patient and staff needs during this especially challenging time.
Donate Medical Supplies and Equipment
To ensure the health and safety of our frontline staff, and ultimately our patients, we have identified the following emergent equipment and supply needs.
To make a donation of equipment and/or supplies, please click on “Donate Supplies” to fill out an intake form. So we can properly process and acknowledge your donation, please fill out the form before dropping off supplies/equipment. Please use the Delivery Dock for donations between the hours of 6:30am-3:30pm M-F. If you are unable to bring a smaller donation to the Delivery Dock during those hours please utilize the Community Drop Off location (Boston University School of Medicine lobby: 72 East Concord St, Boston, MA, 02118). Delivery Dock address will be provided upon completion of the survey.
- N95 or FFP2 respirator masks – Small and Regular (High Need)
- 3M version of the N95 mask 1860 preferred; but we will accept all types of N95/KN95/FFP2, etc.
- Surgical masks (High Need)
- Level 2 and above preferred
- Must say droplet precautions/protects on box
- Cleaning Wipes (High Need)
- Sani wipes; Quaternary ammonium and isopropyl alcohol (IPA); PDI brand preferred
- Bleach wipes
- Isolation Gowns (disposable)
- Fluid impermeable
- Droplet protection – yellow
- Isolation Gowns (reusable)
- Engineered for use or existing hospital cloth reusable gowns
- Specifications: Long sleeve, fluid repellent fabric, cuffed at wrist, higher neck to protect against splashes, below-knee length, closures on the back near neck and back
- Ventilator circuit components
- Positive Airway Purifying Respirator (PAPRs) and Disposable/Replacement Parts (hoods, battery pack, tubing)
- Thermometers: Infrared and disposable ones
- PPE Hoods
- Lab Items: disposable/replacement parts (hoods, battery pack, tubing), Viral transport media (BD universal transport, cat # 203942), RNA extraction kits (Qiagen RNeasy mini and mini plus kits)
If you have questions, please contact [email protected].
Food Delivery to Frontline Staff
If you are interested in donating and delivering food to Boston Medical Center’s frontline staff, you must coordinate with the hospital first for the safety of all involved. Please contact [email protected] to coordinate.