Daily Operations and Clinical Update: June 24, 2020
|% of BMC Census|
BMC Total Inpatients:
BMC Inpatients Requiring Intensive Care:
|BMC Inpatients Under Investigation (pending + negatives treated as positives)||46|
|Cumulative COVID+ Patient Discharges:||
|Cumulative Staff Who Have Tested Positive||311 (0 new since 6/22)|
REMINDER: Restricted Visitor Policy Still in Effect, Changes to Policy Expected Next Week
- As Massachusetts begins to reopen, we recognize that patients may be asking whether BMC’s visitor policies have changed. Our current policy, which restricts visitors to help protect the health of our patients and staff, has not changed:
- There are no visitors permitted on the Inpatient units, the Emergency Department and Surgical Services. Inpatient exceptions are Labor and Delivery, where one pre-approved visitor is allowed, and for compassionate end-of-life situations. Pediatrics and PICU allow one parent/guardian to visit.
- There are no visitors allowed in any Ambulatory clinic with two exceptions:
- A parent accompanying a child who has an appointment.
- A caregiver accompanying a patient who is disabled, elderly, or otherwise needs a caregiver.
- Per Phase 2 recommendations by the State, we are planning to move to one visitor per non-COVID patients in our Inpatient units starting next Tuesday, June 30 with visiting hours 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. We will continue to restrict visitors in the Emergency Department and Surgical Services for the foreseeable future.
REMINDER: Hotel Program End-Date for Staff Members
The hotel program will officially end July 31. No new bookings will be accepted after July 17 and extensions to any current reservations will require manager approval. Going forward, all new bookings will be made at the Hampton Inn at Crosstown. We appreciate everyone working together to preserve rooms for people who need them most.
Special accommodations are still available for all COVID positive or suspected staff that want to be isolated.
To request accommodations, send an email to [email protected] and copy your manager, with the following: your name, what unit you work in, a brief description of your need, and desired dates/anticipated duration for your stay. Kelly will support your accommodation process from start to finish, and may follow up with your manager, if necessary.
NEW: Important Information Regarding Pay and Benefits
At the end of March, BMC announced that all employees would have access to up to 80 hours of unearned ET (going to a negative balance if necessary) for COVID-19 related absences. Currently, we plan to continue this practice until October 3, 2020. As always, negative ET balances will need to be replenished via the regular accrual schedule prior to taking additional ET.
NEW: Upcoming Fit Testing Sessions
Drop-in fit testing will be offered for any staff member who needs fit testing in the Menino 2B conference room on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, June 25: 2-5 p.m.
- Wednesday July 1: 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday July 2: 6 – 9 a.m.
- Monday July 6: 6 – 9 a.m.
- Thursday July 9: 2 – 5 p.m.