Daily Operations and Clinical Update: June 10, 2020
|% of BMC Census|
BMC Total Inpatients:
BMC Inpatients Requiring Intensive Care:
|BMC Inpatients Under Investigation (pending + negatives treated as positives)||54|
|Cumulative COVID+ Patient Discharges:||
|Cumulative Staff Who Have Tested Positive||299 (1 new since 6/8)|
REMINDER: Restricted Visitor Policy Continues
As a reminder, BMC has restricted visitors to help protect the health of our patients and staff:
- There are no visitors permitted on the inpatient units and the Emergency Department. The only inpatient exceptions are Labor and Delivery where one pre-approved visitor is allowed, and for compassionate end of life situations.
- There are no visitors allowed in any Ambulatory clinic with two exceptions:
- A parent accompanying a child who has an appointment
- A caregiver accompanying a patient who is disabled, elderly, or otherwise needs a caregiver
- If a visitor exception is approved for any area, the visitor will be screened and will not be permitted to visit if they have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
Per Phase 2 recommendations by the State, we are working to make changes to this policy to balance the needs of our patients and ensure the safety of everyone.
NEW: Inpatient Bed Planning
We continue to decant from surge areas to create capacity for inpatient demand. Please note the following changes:
- Fast Track has moved back to its usual location on Yawkey 1.
- Pod D in the Emergency Department has been converted back to Observation/Med Surg overflow.
- The staircase between the first and second floors of Yawkey (to the cafeteria) will be opening.
Thank you to all the teams who have helped with these moves!
REMINDER: Upcoming Refresh Stations Celebrating Pride Month
This week, our refresh stations, sponsored by the HR Department, will honor Pride Month and our LGBTQIA+ BMC employees and their contributions to the exceptional care we provide to our patients and communities.
The stations will be available for employees on the balcony of the Menino lobby on the following dates and times:
- June 11: 2-5 p.m. (ice cream station)
- June 12: 10:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- June 13: 6:30-9:30 a.m.
All staff are welcome to come through the station (which will be set up with appropriate social distancing) for a quick break and to grab a treat.
NEW: “Cleaning Rooms between Patients in the Clinic” Training
In preparation for the increase of in-person visits in the ambulatory care clinics, Nursing Professional Development, in conjunction with Infection Prevention and Environmental Services (EVS), is offering a one hour class entitled: “Cleaning Rooms between Patients in the Clinic.” This will review the new policy posted in the BMC Policy and Procedure Manual.
This is a mandatory class for all MAs and technicians and starts Monday, June 15. The classes will run for two weeks in multiple locations at least three times per day. This is a time-limited offering and ends on June 26.
If you are required to take the class, your manager will register you through Workday.