Daily COVID-19 Update: May 27, 2020
|% of BMC Census|
BMC Total Inpatients:
BMC Inpatients Requiring Intensive Care:
|Cumulative COVID+ Patient Discharges:||
|Cumulative Staff Who Have Tested Positive||294 (2 new since 5/22)|
|93,693 as of 5/26|
NEW: Rebound Planning - Clinic Moves
As we prepare to welcome more patients to campus, many of our clinics will be returning back to their permanent locations (some were moved to make space for Covid patients). Please note that GIM, Bariatrics, and Anticoag will remain at Shapiro for now.
- Cardiac Surgery: Shapiro 3 to Preston 3
- Podiatry: Shapiro 9 to Preston 5
- TB Clinic: Shapiro 9 to Preston 5
- Family Medicine: Shapiro 5 to Melnea Cass
- Physical Therapy: Shapiro 4 to Preston 1
- OB/GYN (enabling): Yawkey 5 – prep space to receive OB – Including move of furniture and equipment
- OB/GYN: Yawkey 6 to Yawkey 5
- Ambulatory Pediatrics: Yawkey 6 – return space to normal
UPDATED: PPE in Ambulatory Care
The recommendations for PPE use in the Ambulatory setting have been updated. Please note that these include changes to previous guidance in the Ambulatory setting. The new recommendations are available on the Emergency Management COVID-19 page on the Hub and include:
- PPE Grid: PPE recommendations for patients/visitors, employees in non-clinical work areas, Ambulatory clinical areas, and Ambulatory COVID+ or aerosolizing procedures
- Ambulatory N95 Frequency of Use: Defines the duration of use for N95 masks for COVID + and/or aerosolizing procedures
In summary, an N95 mask is recommended for all COVID+ or PUI patient interactions, as well as all aerosolizing procedures.
Staff must be fit tested or re-fit tested if they:
- Will be involved in direct patient care with known COVID+ or PUI patients and/or aerosolizing procedures and do not have a green 2020 fit testing sticker on their badge.
- Are currently fit tested to wear a small 3M N95 mask.
Drop-in fit testing and donning/doffing instruction is located in Menino 2A/B Conference Room from 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Please note that PPE recommendations for inpatient care have not changed, and are also available on the Emergency Management COVID-19 page on the Hub.
REMINDER: Refresh Station Dates and Times
The “refresh station,” sponsored by the HR department, will be available for employees on the balcony of the Menino lobby on the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, May 27: 10:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Friday, May 29: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 3: 2-5 p.m.
- Friday, June 5: 2-5 p.m.
All staff are welcome to come through the station (which will be set up with appropriate social distancing) for a quick break and to grab a treat.
Doctors get creative as coronavirus fears stall kids’ health visits
BMC Pediatrics and the mobile van are featured.
We asked people to send in photos celebrating their favorite graduates.