Daily COVID-19 Update: March 16, 2020
Please read below for today’s updates.
NEW: Accessing COVID-19 Information Remotely
For those who need to view COVID-19 information from home/remotely, there is a section of our external website dedicated to COVID-19 (https://www.bmc.org/covid-19-information-employees). It contains the same information that exists on the Hub regarding COVID.
- If you need to access the full Hub site for other reasons, you need to set up VPN functionality with ITS. Please refer to the tools (https://www.bmc.org/covid-19-information-employees/working-remotely) ITS has put together to assist people in working remotely, which are available on the COVID-19 external site for employees.
Please call the Service Desk at 617-414-4500 with any issues/concerns.
NEW: Information Security While Working Remotely
As many are working from home, there are new cyber-security threats that did not previously exist. We ask that you continue to maintain a high level of security for your information, especially patient-related and all HIPAA protected information. Please call the Service Desk at 617-414-4500 with any issues/concerns.
- Be on the lookout for fake COVID-19 news. Cyber-security researchers estimate that 40% of newly registered domains referencing “COVID-19” and “coronavirus” were either suspicious or malicious.
- Be extra vigilant when browsing the internet and clicking links within emails, and double check email sender addresses.
- When you are finished using your computer, log off of VPN and the computer. This helps free up a license for another person to connect in, and also keeps the BMC Health System network safe.
- Please click here for a printable overview of five security measures everyone should consider while working from home.
NEW: MBTA Schedule Changes and Parking Reminder
Beginning at the start of service on Tuesday, March 17, MBTA trains and buses will run with reduced service to support efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Bus and subway lines will be running on Saturday schedules, and commuter rail will be running on a reduced schedule. Please visit the MBTA site for more information. BMC employees who are not currently part of the parking program are temporarily able to park in 710 or DOB Garages at a rate of $8/day. Employees who are currently part of the parking program, should continue to use their assigned garages.
NEW: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In recent days there has been a lot of information shared about activities related to COVID-19. We have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions and will continue to update it as things continue to evolve quickly.
NEW: Cornerstone Mail Order Medication Refills Capacity Increased
In response to the COVID-19 situation, BMC Health System has increased capacity to accept Cornerstone mail order medication refills for patients who are currently picking up chronic medications from local pharmacies.
- Pharmacy has identified patients attributed to BMC primary care physicians under all BMCHP insurance products who are currently on maintenance medications or who have actively had refills fulfilled in the last six months.
- We are proactively offering the mail order pharmacy option to patients in multiple ways, including text, email, and follow-up phone outreach.
- Upon receiving a patient’s approval for mail order enrollment, prescription transfers from their current pharmacy will be requested.
- If the prescription transfer cannot be obtained, Cornerstone will obtain a new prescription by making a refill request with Medication Refill Teams or directly with clinics without these teams.
NEW: Corporate Accounts Payable Update
Staff who are working from home can scan check requests and the backup, send to the approver and have the approver email back an “OK to pay”, and then forward the scanned items and approval to [email protected]. The scanned items and approval should come together. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Reminder: Paging While Off-Campus
If you do not have access to the Hub, you can still send a numeric message via page. To page while off-campus:
- If you know the pager ID for the person you’re trying to reach, dial 617-638-5795, or 31 while on campus.
- System will say "Please enter the ID number to page."
- Enter the four digit pager ID of the person you want to page.
- The system will say the pager ID.
- The system will give you the current status of the pager.
- System will say "Please dial your call back number followed by # pound sign."
- Enter call back number, the press pound.
- System will say "Paging xxxxx."
- System will say "To try another extension press 1."
- The called party will receive a message on their pager "Please call xxxxx."
- If you do not know the pager ID for the person you’re trying to page, call 638-8000 and enter 0 to be connected to an operator who will assist with paging.