Daily COVID-19 Update: April 6, 2020
UPDATED: Confirmed COVID-19 Cases as of April 6
BMC Total Inpatients:
BMC Inpatients Requiring Intensive Care:
BMC Employees/Providers who have tested positive:
NEW: BMC Food Pantry Available for Employees
BMC’s food pantry is extending its services to all employees and their households to provide access to nutritious food when it’s needed most. Should you or any of your team members require additional nutrition resources, the Food Pantry has created an easy 2 step process:
- Contact Latchman Hiralall by phone (617-414-3834) or by email ([email protected]) to schedule a pickup appointment.
- When you arrive for your pickup: briefly display your BMC badge for proof of employment, state the number of members in your household, and any allergies or food restrictions.
The BMC Food Pantry is located in the basement level of the Yawkey Building. Appointments can be made every two weeks, as needed. Click for a printable flyer to post in your area in English and Spanish. Haitian Creole coming soon.
UPDATE: Patients and Visitor Mask Policy
Tomorrow, April 7, when entering BMC through the screening stations, all patients and visitors will receive a yellow mask to wear throughout their time within BMC. BMC staff will continue to receive the blue mask to wear throughout their shift.
UPDATE: Pharmacy Medication Shortages and Pharmacy Hours
There have been concerns about medication shortages both at BMC and globally. Our pharmacy team and critical care executive committee have been working tirelessly to ensure adequate supplies of the medications we need. While we have found alternative sources, this work will continue.
All pharmacies on the BMC campus are open and operating their normal hours:
- Yawkey: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Shapiro: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Doctor’s Office Building: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
REMINDER: Hotel Accommodations for Staff and Providers
Thanks to an outpouring of support from our generous donors, BMC has secured funding to support a number of overnight stays at hotels in close proximity to BMC at no cost to the employee/provider. At this time, we are prioritizing the use of these rooms for providers and staff who may be facing one of the following circumstances:
- Cohabitation Related
- Providers and staff who cohabitate with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and remains symptomatic/quarantined
- Providers and staff who cohabitate with someone who is immunocompromised (e.g., on immuno-suppressants, active hematologic malignancy)
- Work Hours Related
- Providers and staff working long hours with minimal time between consecutive shifts
To request an accommodation, send an email to [email protected] with a copy to your manager stating the following: your name, a brief description of your need, and desired dates/anticipated duration for your stay. Kelly will support your accommodation process from start to finish, and may follow up with your manager, if necessary. Additional details can be found here.
Additionally, the Massachusetts Hospital Association has put together a list of hotel discounts throughout Massachusetts. The list of hotels, along with instructions about how to obtain the discounts, can be found on the main COVID-19 Hub page and here: https://www.bmc.org/employee-support-resources
Important Links and Contact Numbers
Command Center: 617-414-6860 (operating 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily)
Call for any needs related to COVID-19. Please note that this is only for employees.
Working Well Clinic: [email protected]
Staff and providers should use this email address to report symptoms of and possible exposure to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Information on the Hub: https://internal.bmc.org/news-events/news/where-find-information-about-covid-19-coronavirus-disease
This is our intranet and requires network access. Everything posted here related to COVID-19 is also posted on the external site listed below, including clinical guidelines, screening, testing, and PPE usage.
COVID-19 Information on BMC.org: https://www.bmc.org/covid-19-information-employees
This is hosted on the external website and is accessible when not on the network.