Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
The Clinical Training Center at Boston Medical Center
The American Heart Association's ACLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
Target Audience: MDs, PAs, RNs, NPs, Paramedics, Respiratory Therapists, Technicians, etc...
ACLS Class Schedule and Registration
Due to the current Covid restrictions ACLS classes are taught in a blended format- Once you register, you will be assigned an online class to complete, then you will attend a 2 hour hands on skills session where you will demonstrate what you have learned. (The hands on sessions are conducted with appropriate PPE)
Completion is simple:
- Register for and complete the ACLS online program
- Go to our sign up page to schedule your hands on session.
- The student completes a hands on skills session with an instructor to complete their certification. (About 2 hours)
Step 1- Register for the online class:
- This program is for students who have not previously completed their ACLS Certification, or who have let their certification expire.
- The initial certification program is approximately 13 hours (Over 2 days)
- This program is for students who have completed their ACLS certification and need to renew their skills and certification. (Student must have current ACLS Certification)
- The update course is approximately 5 hours (1 day)
Step 2- Sign up for a hands on skills session:
Basic Life Support
High Quality BLS is a critical part of the resuscitation process. You will be required to demonstrate a mastery of Basic Life Support during the ACLS Skills session.
Optional - If you complete the HeartCode BLS online portion prior to the ACLS skills session we will issue both a BLS and ACLS completion card.
The skills sessions are held in the BMC’s BCD Building (Directly across from the Moakley building entrance)