How to Cope with Holiday Stress
Between entertaining guests, hosting parties, picking out the perfect present, cleaning, and baking – the holiday season can be a stressful one.
Here are some tips to help prevent the stress that comes along with the holidays:
Shopping for Presents:
- Stick to a budget
- Make a homemade gift
- Go to the stores at the quieter times of day to beat the rush
Cooking and Baking:
- Plan your food ahead of time so that you can make a list and go grocery shopping
- Prepare the food ahead of time and freeze it so you aren’t doing everything last minute
Hosting a Party:
- Be realistic about what you can and cannot do
- Ask your family members or friends to help you with party prep and clean-up
- Ask each guest to bring their favorite dish so you aren’t stuck cooking and baking everything
- Add in physical activity into your regular routine
- Make a healthy dish for the holidays
- Remember to get plenty of sleep
Holiday season is about spending time with people you care about and helping those in need. It is a time to reflect on all the positive things in your life and don’t forget to take some time for yourself this holiday season.
Holiday stress can be managed by following the tips above or by seeking out professional help.