Congratulations Keri McDonough, RN!May 11, 2017
Congratulations to Keri McDonough, winner of Boston Medical Center’s 3rd annual “Nominate a Nurse” contest!
“Case management usually goes unnoticed, but Keri deserves to be recognized,” wrote Danielle Brandt, RN, Keri’s colleague in Menino’s Care Management department. “Keri will stay late, doesn’t complain, and go the extra mile with families and patients to make sure that they are okay, safe, and that every issue has been addressed. She treats each patient as an opportunity to make a difference.”
Keri was surprised with flowers and a card containing Danielle’s nomination, in honor of National Nurses Week. Each year, Nurses Week recognizes the incredible contributions made by nurses. Nurses Week takes place from May 6 through May 12, which is also the birthday of Florence Nightingale, who is considered the founder of modern nursing.
“Keri always wants the staff to remember what a powerful tool we all possess to make a difference in the lives of our patients and families each and every day,” says Director of Care Management, Wanda Carlson. Keri has worked at BMC for three years.
Boston Medical Center is proud to celebrate the role our nurses play in delivering the highest level of quality care to our patients. This year, we received a variety of nominations submitted by BMC patients and staff, explaining why their favorite nurse should be chosen! Each nominated nurse will receive a card letting them know that words of praise were submitted on their behalf. Our nursing staff provides care for countless patients and families, offering the highest levels of comfort during their time here at BMC.
Thanks to all who participated in this year’s contest, and congratulations again to Keri!
Congratulations to our other nominees:
- Mary Angelides – Pediatric Primary Care
- Karitas Arnardottir – Labor & Delivery
- Monica Bento – Emergency Department
- Pauliene Brown – Emergency Department
- Deborah Carey – Neonatal ICU
- Hope Carlisle – Orthopedic Surgery
- Lily Coelho – Menino OR
- Kathleen Daly – Psych ED
- Ana Dorego Karnesky – Labor & Delivery
- Carole Harris – Pediatric ED
- Maureen Hilchey-Masters – Oral Surgery
- Megan Mawe – GIM
- Ann McDonough – Geriatrics
- Kelli-Ann Moran – 8NCCU
- Laura Murphy – Float Pool
- Christine Naoum-Heffernan – Pediatric Pain Clinic
- Adrian O’Brien – Menino OR
- Cindy O’Neil – Newton 8E
- Hannah Simons – Mother Baby Unit
- Julie Swain – 5 West IMCU
- Katlyn Tofani – Menino 6W
- Waltha Toussaint – GIM/Primary Care
- Natalie VanEe – GIM/Primary Care