Family members and loved ones are welcome to visit. However, visits should be limited if the patient is feeling tired. Rest is important in the first several days after surgery.
Visits on 8 East Newton Pavilion/Progressive Care Unit (PCU):
- Visiting hours are 12 noon to 8 pm.
- No more than two visitors are allowed in a room at one time.
- An adult must accompany children under 14 years of age at all times.
- Anyone who is ill is asked not to visit.
Visits in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU):
The SICU is equipped to treat critically ill and injured patients. Because of the special needs of patients in intensive care, visitors are:
- Allowed 24 hours a day
- Usually limited to immediate family members and/or significant others
- Asked to call the SICU first
Phones are located in the waiting room on the third floor outside the SICU. The nurse will determine when you may come in. You may have to wait, if care is being given.
BMC Campus Virtual Tour