For Medical Professionals
Boston Medical Center’s Division of Pediatric Neurology provides advanced diagnostic, treatment and management capabilities, including:
- Specialized Digitized Electroencephalography (EEG), with staff and technicians specifically trained to evaluate children supportively and sensitively. Sophisticated monitoring permits correlation of clinical events with EEG findings.
- Advanced Pediatric Sleep Laboratory, ensuring that sleep studies are diagnostically informative and comfortable for children and their parents.
- Ketogenic Diet and Low-Glycemic Diet/Demonstration Kitchen. Under the direction of our chef-dietician, patients and families receive hands-on food preparation training and education for the dietary management of epilepsy.
- Sophisticated Neuroimaging Studies, including fetal imaging, magnetic resonance (MR) spectroscopy, 3D reconstructions and MR angiography and venography.
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation Implantation for treatment of medication-resistant epilepsies.
- Diagnostic Genetic Services at Boston Medical Center