Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make an appointment and what are your hours of operation?
- Where is the clinic located?
- What if I have a problem after hours?
- What is your confidentiality policy?
- What is BMC Connect?
Monday: 9 am - 5:30 pm
Tuesday: 9 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 9 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 9 am - 7:30 pm
Friday: 9 am - 5:00 pm
Other important telephone numbers
Adolescent Center Nurse’s Station
Pediatric Specialty Group
Pediatric Registration Desk
2. Where is the clinic located?
Your appointment will take place on the Boston Medical Center campus at the following location:
Yawkey Ambulatory Care Center, 5th floor
850 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
After hours, on weekends or on holidays, call 617.414.5946. The doctor or nurse practitioner will call you back within 30 minutes. Stay by the phone. Keep your telephone line open. If you are ill, please take your temperature with a thermometer before you call, so you can tell the doctor or nurse practitioner whether you have a fever. The on-call doctor or nurse practitioner is not working in the hospital and does not have your records.
In a life threatening situation, call 911 or go to the Pediatric Emergency Department at Boston Medical Center.
To protect our patients’ health and to comply with Massachusetts state law, we provide adolescents with confidential care for problems related to sexually transmitted diseases and contraception. If you are a parent or a patient and you have a question about our confidentiality policy, please speak with your adolescent’s primary care clinician.
BMC Connect is a toll-free telephone information service that offers another way to easily access information on a variety of needs, including:
- Evaluation of a patient’s needs and assistance in scheduling appointments in a clinically appropriate time frame
- Answers to health questions and health information
- Assistance in selecting a primary care physician
- Help in finding the right physician and/or clinical service
Call BMC Connect toll-free at 800.841.4325. BMC Connect is available Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. After normal business hours, callers may leave a message to be returned the following business day by a nurse.