Hélène Hardy, PharmD, MSc
Adjunct Associate Professor of Pharmacy
Center for HIV/AIDS Care and Research
Boston Medical Center
850 Harrison Avenue, Dowling 3116
Boston, MA 02118
BS University of Lille, France
MSc University of Strasbourg, France
PharmD State University of New York, Buffalo
Dr. Hardy’s research interests have broadly centered on adherence to HIV therapy, therapeutic drug monitoring and safety of antiretrovirals. She implemented a pharmacist-based adherence clinic in 2001 in the Center for HIV/AIDS Care and Research and through this clinic has extended her adherence research interests to specific populations, such as women, pregnant women, HIV-Hepatitis C co-infected patients and minorities.
Dr. Hardy is currently Principal Investigator of several adherence grants in the CHACR and collaborates on a number of other HIV-related projects. Among them are "Enhanced HIV/AIDS Medical Management Services," funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and a National Institute on Drug Abuse-sponsored R01, entitled "Natural History of Hepatitis-C Infection in HIV Disease."
- Liu M, Safren SA, Skolnik PR, Rogers WH, Coady W, Hardy H, Wilson IB. Optimal Recall Period and Response Task for Self-Reported HIV Medication Adherence. Aids Behav 2007; Jun 19 (Epub ahead of print)
- Zeind C, Hardy H, Gourley GK. “Infectious Diseases.” In: Textbook of Therapeutics: Drug and Disease Management; 8th Edition. Chapter 77: Tuberculosis. Editors: Herfindal ET, Gourley DR. 8th Edition; 2006
- Hardy H, Zeind C. “Therapeutic Case: HIV and Tuberculosis Co-Infection.” In: Casebook for Textbook of Therapeutics. Drug and Disease Management; 8th Edition. Editors: Herfindal ET, Gourley DR. 8th Edition; 2006
- Hardy H (Guest editor). Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV Disease. Journal of Pharmacy Practice; 18 (4); 2005: 227-321
- Hardy H. Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy: The Emerging Role of HIV Pharmacotherapy Specialists. Journal of Pharmacy Practice; 18 (4); 2005: 247-257.
- Hardy H, Skolnik P. Enfuvirtide (Fuzeon): A Novel Fusion Inhibitor for Therapy of HIV Infection. Pharmacotherapy. 24 (2); 2004: 198-211.
- Hardy H. Implementation of an Innovative Pharmacist-Based Adherence Program in a Large Inner-city Outpatient Clinic. Journal of the International Conference on Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy, Jan/March 2003.
- Hardy H, Zeind C. Optimizing Management of HIV/AIDS. Drug Store News Continuing Education Quarterly, Jan-March 2002: 18-25.
- Hardy H, Esch LD, Morse GD. Mechanisms and Management of Glucose Disorders Associated with HIV and its Drug Therapy. Annals of Pharmacotherapy; 35 (3); 2001: 343-351.