Education & Training ─ Fellowships
How to Apply for a Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2015 Geriatric Medicine Fellowship.
Thank you for your interest in our program.
We welcome applications from BE/BC internal medicine and family medicine physicians. Applicants with J1 visa status are also encouraged to apply (one-year clinical fellowship only).
The Geriatric Medicine fellowship program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP). Please submit your application materials via the online ERAS applicant portal by November 7, 2014. Login to: ERAS for fellowship applicants at (https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/)
Please follow this link to apply for the Geriatric Oncology Program, it is not in the NMRP.
If you do not already have an ERAS login name and password, you can sign up for one using this link: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/
Please submit the following application materials via the ERAS Portal by November 15th
- The ERAS application form
- A personal statement
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, including one letter from a residency Program Director
The application timeline for the academic year 2015-2016 is as follows
- June 11th– MyERAS website opens to fellowship applicants to register and start their applications. (https://services.aamc.org/eras/myeras2015) (https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/)
- July 15th – November 7th: Applications will be accepted via ERAS.
- November 7th – Application deadline
- August 1st – November 14th: Applicant interviews take place at BMC.
- December 17th – Rank Order list is due from applicants and programs.
- January 7th – Match date.
- Each year we train up to 6 Geriatric Medicine fellows and 1 Geriatric Oncology fellow (includes fellows in their second year of training in our program).
- 4 positions will be filled through the Match for fellowships starting on July 1, 2014.
o There will be 2 open positions for the 1-year Clinical Fellowship Program, for which J1 visa holders as well as US citizens are eligible.
o There will be 2 open positions for the HRSA-funded 2-year Academic Fellowship Program, for which only US citizens are eligible.
House Officer Benefits (PDF)
For more information, please contact:
Amy Sorensen- Alawad, MPSH, MPA
Education Program Manager, Section of Geriatrics