BU Cosmetic & Laser Center
Laser Procedures – StarLux® Laser by Palomar
- StarLux® Laser for Stretch Marks
- StarLux® Laser for Hair Reduction
- StarLux® Laser for Acne and Other Scars
- StarLux® Laser for Photorejuvenation
- Acne Scar and Other Types of Scar Photos, Before and After
For Acne and Other Scars
Scars are caused by damage to the dermis, the deep layer of the skin below the surface. A scratch, cut, surgical incision, acne pustules, deep burns, or any trauma that goes deep into the skin will injure the dermis. If the dermis cannot regenerate itself enough to replace all of the damaged tissue, a depression exists in the skin which appears as a visible scar. During treatment with the StarLux® Laser, pulses of fractional laser light break down scar tissue, triggering new tissue to form in its place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Treatment for Acne and
Other Scars with the StarLux® Laser:
- Am I a good candidate for StarLux® laser treatment on my acne or other scars?
The StarLux® laser treatment works on all skin types. Your provider will determine if you are a good candidate for treating your scars with the StarLux® laser during your consultation. It is necessary to evaluate the body part being treated for a variety of factors.
- How quickly will I recover after hair removal treatment with the StarLux® laser?
You can resume regular daily activities immediately following treatment with the StarLux® laser. Typically, most people experience a mild, sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling, immediately after the laser treatment. This usually lasts two to 24 hours. Your provider will discuss other possible side effects with you during your consultation.
- What will the StarLux® laser treatment feel like?
Most people feel minimal pain during the stretch mark treatment with the StarLux® laser. You can discuss pain management options with your provider during your consultation.
StarLux® Laser Treatment for Other Scars Photos