Immunizations for Incoming Volunteers
Once you have been selected for a volunteer placement, we ask that you provide the below medical documentation. Your immunization and vaccination information may be obtained from your doctor's office, student health center, previous employee health records, immigration documents, military service documents or travel vaccination records. You may also have your health care provider complete the attached medical form.
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine dates or positive titer results.
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine dates or positive titer results or health care provider documented disease.
- Tdap vaccine (not required/strongly preferred; includes protection against pertussis or whooping cough).
- Tuberculosis skin test (TST) results. Two skin tests, one within 12 weeks of starting to work and one within 12 months before that. TST results must include date given and read and the millimeter (mm) of induration. The form should be signed by the health professional reading the test with printed name, title, and contact number on his or her letterhead.
- For those with prior positive TB skin tests, documentation of the positive TB test date with size (mm) of skin reaction/induration, a copy of a normal chest X-Ray report obtained after the diagnosis of positive TB skin test, and documentation of receiving TB medication counseling.
- Other Tests for TB such as the QFT or T-Spot obtained via blood draws will be accepted or utilized on a case by case basis.
Documentation of the above requirements should be submitted to:
Boston Medical Center
Volunteer Services and Community Relations
85 East Concord Street, 1st Floor
Boston, MA 02118-2393